|Rural of Aleppo: Ongoing Acts of Vandalism at Simeon Mountain|
|18/04/2015 - عدد القراءات : 1403|
Aleppo antiquities reported recently, that damages at Simeon Mountain in rural of Aleppo are still continuous, the report mentioned that armed gangs still presence at the citadel and vandalism acts still ongoing within the citadel and in the surrounding archaeological sites at Simeon Mountain:
- Simeon citadel: armed gangs built illegal buildings inside the citadel near the cafeteria and outside the citadel’s wall towards the South.
- The Northern road that extends from the ancient entrance of the citadel (Triumphal arch) towards the West: the ancient buildings, that spread on both sides of the road, suffered from broken the ancient stones for reusing as building material in new construction within the ancient buildings and on the main entrance of the monastery.
- Sett Rum: ongoing illegal buildings by using the ancient stones, diggings spread within the church and the mosaic panel was vandalized.
- Rafadeh: illegal quarries constructed at the East, South and North of the site, illegal excavations were dug within the archaeological site at the Southern area, ancient stones were broken to reuse for building new constructions, a road constructed within the site for stone transferring. The fallen stones of the tower that located at the West of the castle were broken and the stones wall at Southern façade fall down because of cracks on its wall.
- Fadra: The Northern West church suffers from diggings, vandalism, broken ancient stones and new road constructed within the site.
Many archaeological sites still suffering from acts of diggings, vandalism, destruction and broken ancient stones; such as: Taqla, Zarzarita, Bazihir, al Mashad, Sinkhar, Sheikh Slaiman
طباعة أرسل إلى صديق