Directorate of excavation and archaeological studies begins implementing its plan for 201704/04/2017 - عدد القراءات : 834
The Directorate of Excavation and Archaeological Studies within DGAM has started implementing its work plan for excavation through the Syrian governorates. A financial budget for the excavation work has been distributed among seven archaeological departments in the governorates, to begin working in the following sites:
1. Department of Antiquities in Damascus: “Zukak Almahkameh” and “Damascus Citadel”.
2. Department of Antiquities in Damascus countryside: Tel Hamira.
3. Department of Antiquities in Swaida: Tel Dubba Barika, Sia’, Qanawat and the old city of Sweida.
4. Department of Antiquities in Tartous : Al-Kahf Citadel , Amrit, Qalqat Al-Muraqqab.
5. Department of Antiquities in Jabla: Tal Tueni, Merah Jabla.
6. Department of Antiquities in Lattakia: Ras al-Shamra, Ain al-Hilweh, Bahr al-Midan, Tall al-Samawneh, Tal Al-Shamiya.
7. Department of Antiquities in Homs: Qal'at al-Hosn, surveys in the old city of Homs.
As well as the availability of a special budget for the emergency excavation, which may be needed in any Syrian provinces.
Notably, a joint Syrian-Hungarian mission will follow up excavation, restoration and documentation works in Al-Muraqqab Citadel and Krak des Chevaliers.
Copyright © 2007, All rights reserved - Powered by Platinum Inc